Thursday, July 10, 2008

About the designer

I consider myself one of the lucky ones, because my life is blessed with wonderful people. I have two beautiful crazy children who make me laugh and challenge me on a daily basis. I have a wonderful loving supportive husband who lets me just be me and doesn't judge. I am surrounded by loving friends and family who give me warm fuzzies when I think about them.

I live in the Fraser Valley in beautiful B.C., surrounded by mountains. I love to spend time at the beach with my family or just hang out in our backyard and enjoy the surroundings.

I have always been very creative ... I come by it honestly with two incredibly creative and talented parents. I love to sew, crotchet, make cards and do crafts with my children. When the kids reached an age where they didn't require constant supervision, I also realized I needed a little something that was all my own ... thus Sontza was born. The word Sontza is derived from the word sontze ... meaning sun in Russian. I wanted it to be softer and prettier so made it my own.

I try to live by my own motto, which to some will seem frivolous, but I don't think you can ever underestimate its power. "Wear something that makes you feel special - everyday!"